Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Years!

Of course new year brings with it resolutions.

My resolutions rarely change - get fit, eat better, drink more water, become a saint. The usual things.

Started P90X2 and so far it is a butt-kicker!

P90X2 Phase 1 is different from Phase I of P90X. Where as there are days of upper body and days of plyo or lower body (with that annoying YogaX in there on Thursdays), so far the workouts Monday and Thursday have been more mid- and total body. Monday was a core workout with push ups, etc.. Today was Total Body, which included balance/core work and some lifting too. Both workouts had some legs in it too. Seeing more Shaun T. of Insanity type moves. Lots of combinations like balancing in a Warrior 3 position while doing curls.

Tuesday is still Plyo day, this one called Plyocide. Honestly, I didn't think it was as hard as PlyoX, but different. I really appreciated the LONG stretch at the end of it.

Now on Fridays is Yoga day - I will let you know how that goes. It is supposedly only 60 minutes long instead of the insane 92 minute workout in P90X.

Wednesday was scheduled as a mid-week day off, or a recovery and balance workout. My wife and son did the workout and said it was a lot of great stretching. I will do it on my rest day Sunday.

Haven't done the Ab workout yet. First one was scheduled for today after total body, but ran out of time in the AM, so I did an great ab workout at the gym at lunchtime.

The other interesting thing about P90X2 compared to P90X is the equipment. There is the foam roller for stretching (not sure if I like this yet) and large stability ball and smaller medicine balls. I don't have a great core yet, and the stability ball is a particular challenge. I modify, and before long I will be doing it better, (God willing).

So, there it is for now. I am sore right now as I type this, as I would expect to be in the first week of a new program. CONTACT ME stjohnspriest@gmail.com if you want information or have questions on either workout (or any other workout by Beachbody).