Monday, August 13, 2007

Little hurdles, little victories

Went running again this morning. It was nice and cool! I put Meg in her jacket and wrapped her legs in a blanket!

My legs, however, were really stiff and sore this morning. They always are on Mondays (probably from all the standing I do, in dress shoes, on Sundays). And they were not only stiff, but a slight knee pain in the right knee at the start.

When I started, I told myself it would be okay to only do 2 on, 2 off 6 times. It would be less than Saturday, but I could justify it because of the sore legs.

But I got over the hurdle. The knee stopped hurting pretty soon after the start, and despite the sore legs, I did 2 on, 2 off SEVEN times, like Saturday, including running past my house and back instead of turning into the driveway and calling it a shorter day!

It was a small hurdle, and a small victory....but I will take it.

The rest of the day was pretty good as well. My day off this week was today (wedding rehearsal Friday so I will work that full day). My sister in law Emma is here so we went to Greenfield Village which means I walked, pushing the stroller, on and off for another 3.5 hours!

As for INPUT - a good start. Plenty of water, only allowable foods even at Greenfield Village. Could use more veggies, especially at lunch, but being at GFV made that hard (ate at the outdoor lunchstand).