Thursday, August 14, 2008

broke through....

Today I did not want to run.
Out of bed at 6:35am (about 35 minutes later than when I first woke up).
Sore legs, tight back.
Lingered checking email, news-websites.
Finally changed and out the door after 7am.
Thought "I am just going to walk today - too sore"
Then decided to do a little 2 minute run.
Sore. Decided I would walk the rest.
Then decided to do a 3 minute jog. Still sore - ankle throbbing.
Made a turn towards home and would walk the rest.
Thought I would do another short jog toward and then up my street.
Started running - 5 minutes.
Then while walking turned a block before my house.
Started running again around the next block.
Another 5 - this one felt a little better.
Ended up with 15 minutes of running, 7 walking.
The last 5 it felt like I had conquered my urge to not run.
Hurrah!